Where a little extra can go a long way
Our tenants have a range of abilities and some can be at a greater risk of not sustaining their tenancies if they don’t receive the right level of support.
Their needs are continually assessed and they have access to a range of tailored housing related support as needed which can include the following:
- Payment of bills & savings
- Household budgets and financial support
- Maximizing income related benefits
- Housing benefit applications
Managing their homes
- Reporting repairs
- General cleaning & housekeeping
- Help with home maintenance i.e. gardening, window cleaning
- Help in choosing furniture and decoration
- Health and safety matters – safe use of equipment
- Security matters
- Resolution of neighbour disputes
Amber Housing works to support the communication needs of tenants. A tenancy agreement is a legal document and so we have developed a range of accessible documents including a Tenancy Agreements and Tenants Handbook to use alongside the more formal paperwork to aid understanding.